It’s just simple math: if a picture is worth a thousand words, an Instagram story post must be worth a million, right?
And these Instagram story hacks will make you the best storyteller in town.
- Create a patterned background for sharing a feed post
Do I need to add a custom background when sharing a feed post on your story? Gosh, no. But like wearing lipstick to a Zoom meeting, sometimes it’s just nice to add a little routine to some pizazz.
How it goes:
- Find the feed post that you want to share and take a screenshot of it. Trim it so that it is just the contribution
- Next, click on the paper airplane icon in that original feed post and select “Add Post To Your Story”.
- Stretch the feed post to fill the entire screen. I know this seems wild, but it makes the final post a typable link to the original post
- Next, open your camera roll and add the background pattern of your choice
- Then paste the cropped screenshot of your post above and arrange or resize it to your liking
- Upload the whole thing
2. Add a link to a story for Instagram Story Hacks
Unfortunately, links are only available to users with over 10,000 followers. (A shame on those of us who have a more, um, exclusive follower list.)
How it goes:
- Make sure you have 10,000 or more followers to access this feature
- Create a new story post
- Click the link icon at the top of the page
- You can add an IGTV video link or a web link url
- Click on “Done”. The message “Action request added” is displayed as confirmation
- If you need to edit or delete the link, just click the link icon again
- Finish editing or creating your story and upload it
- Fill in the background with a solid color
The standard gradient backgrounds are nice and all, but sometimes there’s something to be said that can only be framed by a wall of dazzling chartreuse.
How it goes:
- Tap the character icon
- Choose a color from the palette (tip: swipe right to see additional color options, or press and hold a specific color to open a rainbow gradient with choices.)
- When you’ve chosen a color, press anywhere on the image or text part of the screen and hold for two or three seconds to fill it
- Share with a select group of VIPs
Now that your boss and Uncle Steve and your Shift Council president are following you on Insta, the pressure to be a pro / niece / neighbor can really dampen your best, dumbest Instagram thoughts.
Instagram’s Close Friends feature allows you to provide more intimate, exclusive content to a select group of people (sorry, Uncle Steve!). For companies, it may be a way to offer special treatment to members or VIPs (which Uncle Steve probably doesn’t belong to either).
How it goes:
- Go to your Instagram profile and click the three lines in the top corner
- Choose Close Friends
- Find your BFFs and click “Add” (currently there is no limit to the number of people this can include).
- To remove people, click on your list and hit the Remove button (don’t worry, they won’t be notified if they’re cut off).
- Now when you publish a story, you will see the option to share with close friends at the bottom of the screen next to your story
But once you hit that sweet spot, you can lock in a link On any story, your lucky numerous followers can swipe up to visit this url and understand the Instagram story hacks.
5. Plan your Instagram stories in advance
We know that stories should be a spontaneous medium. But are you really at your desk or on your cell phone all day? No! You live life so that you have something to do Instagram Stories and Instagram Story hacks about.
Fortunately, you can prepare your Instagram stories in advance using the Hootsuite dashboard.
The Post 5 General Instagram Story Hacks first appeared on FB Post Likes.